Main Article Content
Along with the development of modern era caused so much This can be seen with the variations of new products brilliant innovation. The result of this competition is that consumer can choose a variant product with higher quality, so that in decisions making process consumers can choose according to their ability to buy, taste, and quality of the product itself. This study aims to determine the effect of psychological variables of consumers to the decision in having Toyota Avanza in the Malang Town Square (MATOS). The population of this study is selected using the selection criteria of population and obtained 100 respondents who own Avanza car and parked in MATOS. The research sample is using 50 respondents. Data analysis method used is multiple linear regression analysis. Psychological variables used in this study are motivation, perception, learning, and beliefs and attitudes. Each variable has certain indicators. Motivation variable consists of three indicators, namely the needs of prestige, the desire for recognition, and service availability. Perception variables measures with the car capability indicator, fuel economy, car facilities, and product advantages. Learning has an indicator variable of personal experience, the experience of relatives, and the people's judgment of the Toyota brand. Beliefs and Attitudes variable has indicators the compliance with the quality of the car, safety desire, interest and loyalty to the brand models.
The results of this study showed that only one variable that has an influence on purchasing decisions avanza car, which is learning. Motivation, perceptions, and beliefs and attitudes variables did not affect the decision in having Toyota Avanza in Malang Town Square (MATOS)
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Arikunto, Suharsimi. 1998. Prosedur Penelitian. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta
Aritonang, Lerbin R. 2005. Kepuasan Pelanggan Pengukuran dan Penganalisisan dengan SPSS. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Assauri, Sofyan. 1987. Manajemen Pemasaran. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada. Basu Swastha Dharmmesta dan T. Hani Handoko. 2000.
Boyd, Walker dan Larreche. 2000. Manajemen Pemasaran: Suatu Pendekatan Strategis dengan Orientasi Global. Edisi Kedua. Jakarta: Erlangga.
Drummond, Helga. 2005. Pengambilan Keputusan yang Efektif. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Ghozali, Imam. 2011. Aplikasi Analisis Multivariate Dengan Program IBM SPSS 19 (edisi kelima). Semarang: Universitas Diponegoro.
Indradi, Agustinus. 2003. Cermat Berbahasa Indonesia. Malang: Dioma. Kotler, Philip. 2000. Manajemen Pemasaran Jilid 2. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.