Main Article Content
The service sector which is growing rapidly in Indonesia, is high school in Indonesia led to increasingly competition to win sympathy from prospective students who have graduated junior high school (SMP) to choose the high school that have been provided. This study aimed to: (1) to determine the significance of social factors influence (X) consisting of the reference group (X1), family (X2), the role and social status (X3) for making decisions on studies in Catholic Senior High School (SMAK) Kolese Santo Yusup Malang (Hua Ind). (2) To determine the social factors that has the most dominant influence on the decision-making studies at Catholic Senior High School (SMAK) Kolese Santo Yusup Malang (Hua Ind). The type of research is explanatory research. The population is all male and female students who are studying in SMAK Santo Yusup Malang (Hua Ind) and sample in this study consist of 303 male and female students grade I to grade III. The data analysis is using multiple linear regression analysis. The results showed that 56.2% of male and female students chose decision SMAK Santo Yusup Malang Colleges (Hua Ind) is influenced by social factors (X) consisting of the reference group (X1), family (X2), and the role and social status (X3 ), while the remaining 43.8% is influenced by other factors outside the social factor. Based on the results of F test and t test, we can know that social factors (X) consisting of the reference group (X1), family (X2), and the role and social status (X3) simultaneously and partially has significant effect on the decision on both male and female students in choosing SMAK Santo Yusup Malang (Hua Ind). The variables that significantly influence the decision of male and female students in choosing SMAK Santo Yusup Malang (Hua Ind) is the role and social status (X3) with indicator influence health club (X21) and organizations such as OSIS (X22).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Amirullah. 2013. Metodelogi Penelitian Manajemen. Bayumedia Publishing Anggota IKAPI. Malang. Assauri, Sorjan. 1997. Manajemen Pemasaran Dasar, Konsep, Strategi. PT Raja Grafindo. Jakarata.
Arikunto, Suharsimi. 2010. Prosedur Penelitian. PT RINEKA CIPTA. Jakarta
Brigida Freitas Guterres. 2006. Analisi Pengaruh Variabel Sosial Terhadap Keputusan Membeli Produk Simpati Hoki. Hasan, Iqbal. 2002. Metodelogi Penelitian dan Aplikasinya. Ghalia Indonesia. Jakarta.
Hossein Mirzaei, Mehdi Ruzdar. 2010. The impact of social factors affecting consumer behaviour on selecting characteristics of purchased cars.
Imah Agung Putri Widaryanto. 2006. Analisis Faktor Sosial Dan Faktor Pribadi Mahasiswa Terhadap Keputusan Memilih Universitas Katolik Widya Karya Malang. Skripsi. Universitas Katolik Widya Karya. Malang.
Kotler dan Keller. 2009. Manajemen Pemasaran. Edisi 13. Jilid 1. Erlangga. Jogjakarta
Kotler, dkk. 2000. Manajemen Pemasaran, Perspektif Asia. Andi and Peaison Education Asia.Ptc.Ltd.
Kotler, Philip and Gary Amstrong. 2008. Prinsip-Prinsip Pemasaran. Edisi 12. Erlangga. Jakarta.
Kotler, Philip. 2000. Manajemen Pemasaran. PT. Prenhallindo. Jakarta McCarthy, dkk. 2008. Pemasaran Jasa, Pendidikan Manajemerial. Salemba Empat. Jakarta
Sangadji dan Sopiah. 2013. Perilaku Konsumen, Pendekatan Praktis. ANDI. Jogjakarta. Sugiyono. 2012. Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif Kualitatif dan R&D. Alfabeta. Bandung.
Sunyato, Danang. 2012. Dasar-dasar Manajemen Pemasaran. CAPS. Jogjakarta
Tjiptono, Fandy. 2004. Pemasaran Jasa. Bayu Media Publishing. Malang
Tjiptono, Fandy. 2014. Pemasaran Jasa. Prinsip, Penerapan, dan penelitian. ANDI. Jogjakarta.
Umar, Husein. 2003. Metode Riset Perilaku Konsumen Jasa. Ghalia Indonesia. Jakarta. Yazid. 2003. Pemasaran Jasa, Konsep dan Implementasi. Edisi kedua. EKONISIA. Jogjakarta